In 1872 in Marktredwitz was established a decorating porcelain studio. In 1897 Porzellanfabrik Jaeger, Thomas & Co, started by Christoph Jaeger, Wilhelm Jaeger and Fritz Thomas, began producing of high quality porcelain. In 1903 Fritz Thomas left the company starting another business, Porzellanfabrik Thomas & Ens. After Thomas left the company, it changed name to Porzellanfabrik Marktredwitz, Jaeger & Co.
In 1904 the factory was awarded a gold medal at The Louisiana Purchase Exposition, informally known as the St. Louis World's Fair.
In 1923 there was a fire in the factory but it didn't stop its development. The company survived the Great Depression and both world wars and continued to produce porcelain till it was sold to Italian company Sebring. Production was finally stopped in 1986.
Golden Crown E&R (Ebeling & Reuss Co.) 1886 Philadelphia distributor's mark used with Jaeger & Co mark in the period ca. 1950 - early 1960s
PMR Bavaria Jaeger & Co Germany 1955 - 1979 mark (addition Jaeger-Porzellan Qualitats-Marke)