In 1811 owner of a mine and a Chodov Manor, Franz Miessl, acquired a licence to produce pottery. First the manufacture started faience production using own clay deposits. In 1830 - 1834 the factory was leased by F. Weisl. Finally, in 1834 Franz Miessl sold it to Johann Dietl, Johann Huttner and Johann Schreyerow. The factory was renamed to Huttner & Co. In 1835 they received license for porcelain production. Items produced were in empire style.
Another owner of the factory was a physician from Saxony, Geitner, who sold it in 1842 to Moses Portheim. Later it was run by his sons. In 1872 the factory was sold to Haas & Czjzek located in Horní Slavkov. It started the prosperity period for the porcelain business. In 1937 it employeed 750 workers.
In 1945 the factory was nationalized. In 1958 the porcelain factory in Chodov (Slavkovský porcelán, n. p.) became one of the plants belonging to the Karlovarský porcelain. Nowadays it is a part of Karlovarsky Porcelan a.s. The production concentrates on hand made and hand decorated pink porcelain.