The faience manufactory was established in 1818 in the village Kuzyaevo near Moscow. It was started by three Noviy brothers. Ivan, the oldest, managed the factory till 1830. He was replaced on the position by the middle brother, Tihon. The youngest of them, Semen, headed the business in 1840s.
Thanks to Noviy brothers the manufacture producing faience and porcelain became one of the most important in the Gzhel region.
Circa in 1852 Semen Noviy's widow married Yakov Khrapunov. He decided to preserve the name of founders and adopted their family name. Yakov Khrapunov-Noviy developed and modernized the factory. It became one of the biggest in Russia.
In the early 20th century heirs of Khrapunov-Noviy sold the factory to a "Democratic partnership" company. The company was able to manage the factory only till the October Revolution in 1918, when it was nationalized. Henceforth it operated as Kuzyaevsky Porcelain Factory.
In the early 2000s production was stopped.
Khrapunov-Noviy factory mark dated to second half of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century
Khrapunov-Noviy mark dated second half of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century
Khrapunov-Noviy factory Khrapunov-Noviy factory mark - second half of the 19th century to the beginning of the 20th century