In 1883 in the Budy village was established the New Kharkiv M.S. Kuznetsov factory, which operated in the Russian Empire till 1917. The business was founded by Matvey Sidorovich Kuznetsov who was a great-grandson of Yakov Kuznetsov known as father of Russian traditional Gzhel pottery.
Production in Budy started in 1887. First they were producing half-faience. In 1892 the factory mastered technology of producing faience and soon they also started making porcelain. Already in 1895 the factory employeed more than 2000 people. The factory among others run school for workers' children and hospital, developed infrastructure.
In 1922 nationalized factory was renamed Budy Faience Factory 'Sickle and Hammer'. It was completely destroyed during the WWII. It was rebuild in 1953. Since 1960s Budy porcelain was marked with rooster.
The disintegration of Soviet Union and resulting economic crisis in Ukraine left their mark on the factory. Finally it went bankrupt in 2006.