Max Dannhorn firm was established in 1872. Metal framed stoneware trays were just a small part of their product range. The business was active in a toy market producing magic lanterns, optical toys and other pieces for children. Ceramic tray centers were mostly produced by Villeroy & Boch.
In 1921 most of shares bought Gebrüder Bing company (G.B.N.). The firm changed its name to Nuernberger Metallwarenfabrik.
Mark on a tray made in 1921. Letters M and D are on sides of the tree. Below is inscription "Dee: 1718". This tree mark was was registered in 1895.