The factory was established by a merchant Terenty Kuznetsov in 1832. First six kilns were built near Moscow in Dulevo. Kuznetsov products were known for distinctive porcelain whiteness. Female workers painting porcelain were called Agafya and their products agashkas.
Russian porcelain industry developed especially fast in the second half of 19th century after serfdom was abolished in the empire. New capitalist fastly growing elite needs were best satisfied by Kuznetsov factories.
Kuznetsov company overtook in 1891 Gardner Verbilki factory (nowadays Dmitrovsky Porcelain Factory). In 1889 the new name of the company was - M.S. Kuznetsov Company for the Manufacture of Porcelain and Pottery Goods. The Kuznetsov porcelain empire swiftly mechanized production when cheap foreign competition entered Russian market.
The scope of products was enormous. Kuznetsov factories produced some 150 different dinner, tea and coffee sets. There were 370 types of cups in production.
In 1918, the Kuznetsov factories were nationalized. Kuznetsov traditions are now still upheld by Dulevo factory.
Blue overglaze double-headed eagle Riga factory Kuznetsov mark.
Used in the 1891 - 1917 period.
1889 - 1917 Kuznetsov Dulevo factory mark. Distinctive signs under the mark indicate the porcelain was meant to be exported eastward.
Kuznetsov mark on porcelain wares produced for unknown trading Moscow company. The mark used at the turn of the 20th century.