First Włocławek faience factory was established in 1873. They produced plates, bowles, breakfast and dinner sets. Some of these faience products were decorated with distinctive colourful flowers. First owners were Zygmunt Kühfeld, Dawid Czamański, Izydor Szrejer and Bernard Boas.
In Wloclawek were active faience factories:
- Teichfeld and Asterblum Faience Factory (1882 - 1939)
- Leopold Czamanski Faience Factory (1888 - 1939)
- Cohn Brothers & Co Polish Faience Factory (1922 - 1930)
- Ceramic Factory A. Czarniecki & Co (1937 - 1939)
- Keramos Faience Factory (1923 - 1939)
During WWII Wloclawek faience factories became a part of Third Reich property. Their products were marked 'Leslau' at that time. In 1945 factories were nationalized by Polish state and until 1955 they produced as United Polish Faience Factories. They were later renamed 1905 Revolution Wloclawek Table Pottery Factory. A division of the factory became Kolo Faience Factory.
After the WWII hand made and handpainted faience pieces were called "Wloclawki". They were fashionable especially in 1970s. They were painted by exceptional artists winning prizes for their authors, one of a kind project.
In 1990 the production was stopped. Traditional Wloclawek faience products production was resumed in 2002 by Wloclawek Faience Factory.