A+ A A-
RSS

The first earthenware Lunéville factory was established by Jacques Chambrette in 1728. They became best known for biscuit figures and large faience dogs and lions. In 1749 thanks to high quality of its production, the factory was named Manufacture Royale de Fayence by former king of Poland and duke of Larraine Stanislaw I Leszczynski.

Chambrette created a new type of earthenware called "terre de Lorraine". The Lunéville factory was able to compete with English and German ceramic centers. Lunéville production was exported to many European countries. Jacques Chambrette established the second factory in 1758. This one was located in Saint-Clément.

In the 19th century a new life to the factory was given by father and his son-in-law - Keller and Guerrin. It was a time of industrialisation and skilful Luneville workers.

The factories of Lunéville and Saint-Clément were in 1922 bought by Édouard Fenal. The former pottery factory in Luneville stopped production in 1981. Now it is a company store. Production is continued in Saint Clément.

1880 - 1922
Detail

Keller and Guerrin Luneville France 1880 - 1922 mark.

Luneville 19th century mark
Detail

Luneville late 19th to early 20th century mark.

Late 19th century Luneville ma...
Detail

Late 19th century Luneville mark. Exact date unknown.

Luneville Bleuet mark
Detail

1900 - 1920 Bleuet KG Luneville Terrede Fer mark.

K et G Luneville mark
Detail

1890 K et G Luneville France mark.

Luneville France mark
Detail

Luneville France 1960s mark.

KG Luneville mark
Detail

KG Luneville mark used after 1889.

K et G Luneville mark
Detail

K et G Luneville mark used from 1885.

Luneville mark
Detail

Luneville faience mark used from 1880.

Luneville 1889 mark
Detail

A mark used from 1889.

Luneville Cycliste mark
Detail

Luneville KG Cycliste 19th century mark.

Luneville KG Diane mark
Detail

19th century Luneville KG Diane mark.

K and G Luneville France mark
Detail

K and G Luneville France late 19th and early 20th century mark.

Luneville K and G mark
Detail

Luneville K and G mark used after 1892.

Luneville France mark
Detail

1880 - 1920 Luneville France mark.

 
 
Powered by Phoca Gallery