Krister Porzellan-Manufaktur was established in 1831 by Carl Franz Krister. He worked before for two other factories active in a city of Waldenburg. The first was established in 1820 by C.S. Rausch and the second opened Traugott Hayn in 1829.
Krister's idea to achieve success was imitating Königliche Porzellan-Manufaktur (KPM) in Berlin. That's why marks of the Waldenburg factory are similar to marks of the factory from Berlin. It was also a reason of quality that let Krister succeed.
Already in 1850s the factory was one of leading European porcelain manufacturers. In 1852 and 1867 Krister factory got awards in the International Exposition in Paris. In 1867 Carl Franz Krister died.
In 1920 the factory was transformed into a stock company. Only a year later the company became a part of Philip Rosenthal Krister Porzellan Manufaktur AG.
In 1945 Krister was overtaken by Polish authorities and nationalized. The company started to operated as Państwowa Fabryka Porcelany KRISTER and eventually Porcelana Stołowa KRZYSZTOF. In 1953 the factory started to use "WAWEL" brand.
In 1990s it was privatized. From 2010 the company operates as Porcelana KRZYSZTOF Sp. z o.o.
1952 - 1965 KPM Krister Germany mark used by Waldenburg factory legal succesor operating in Rhineland-Palatinate.
Circa 1938 - 1945 Krister mark used on porcelain wares produced for Luftwaffe.