In 1882 near the Bronnitsa village situated in Russian Novgorod province were built two factories. P.K. Reichel founded a pottery and a brickyard. The business was based on huge local reserves of red clay and cheap labor. In 1884 the factory switched to producing porcelain and faience. Although the quality wasn't the best and items were not marked.
Eight years later the plant was taken over by Ivan Yemelyanovich Kuznetsov who already owned a few local businesses (in Volkhov, Chudovo and Gruzino). Kuznetsov brought to Bronnitsa porcelain masters from Moscow to create new products. In the beginning of the twentieth century, 1100 people worked at the Bronnitsa factory.
In 1913 the partnership was formed. New shareholders were eight Kuznetsov's relatives. The new company managed factories in Volkhov, Chudovo, Gruzino and Bronnitsa.
After 1917 revolution, control of Kuznetsov's factories was taken over by committees and councils. For a few years businesses worked intermittently. In 1921 was created a trust of Novgorod province porcelain factories called NovGubFarfor. Next year the Bronnitsa factory was renamed Proletariy.
In 1942 the factory was evacuated to Krasnoyarsk and returned to Novgorod in March 1944. The buildings of the plant were badly damaged during the bombing, everything had to start from scratch.
In 1967, the production of thin-walled porcelain was mastered. Porcelain items with views of Novgorod were highly appreciated at the exhibition in Montreal. The company still existed in 2010, but has been in the stage of bankruptcy since 1996.