In 1947 two artels (cooperative associations of craftsmen) "Mineral" and "Kooptrud" merged into the new enterprise "Electrotechpribor". The new factory was located in Apraksin Dvor, Leningrad (nowadays Saint Petersburg). In the beggining they made just technical porcelain. Some time later, director of the State Ceramic Research Institute, Kachalov, proposed to transform "Electrotechpribor" into a pilot plant, which finally received a new name, new building and a new production profile.
Leningrad Porcelain Factory (LZFI) was established in 1954. They started to produce porcelain figurines, tableware and souvenirs. Such artists as A.A. Kisilev, L.N. Smorgon and A.V. Degtyarev worked for LZFI.
In early 1970s production of figurines was stopped. The name of the plant was changed to the Leningrad Experimental Plant. After the fall of communism, because of low demand the factory stopped producing tableware.