The Krasnodar porcelain and faience factory "Chaika" was created by the decision of the Soviet government as the first new porcelain factory in the country since 1917 revolution. First plate was produced on March 3, 1960. Next year the factory started exporting its products.
In August 1968, the first batch of faience products was produced. For many years the plant was the largest manufacturer of ceramic dishes in the USSR.
In 1991, the enterprise was privatized by the labor collective and reorganized into ZAO PKF Kubanfarfor. In January 2020 production was transfered from Krasnodar to Belorechensk (a town in Krasnodar region).