In 1752 Afanasy Abramovich Goncharov built a hammer factory. In 1853 the business was converted into a Pesochnya Faience Factory by Sergei Ivanovich Maltsev. Circa 100 employees started ceramic production already in 1853.
In 1899 the factory was leased to M.S. Kuznetsov partnership and since 1911 it was fully owned by M.S. Kuznetsov. New owner increased the production volume 5 times.
The factory produced tableware as well as jugs, trays, ashtrays, candlesticks and flower vases. In 1909 the factory also started producing sanitary ceramics. They were known for paying special attention to decorating faience and porcelain as well as for the highest quality.
The Kirov factory was nationalized in February 1919. In the 1920s and 1930s many works of propaganda faience were created. Until 1936 it operated as Pesochnya Faience Factory. In 1937 in turn it was named Kirov Factory of Constructional Faience. In 1983 the word faience was exchanged for porcelain.
Second half of the XX century was marked by the works of the ceramic artist Yevgeny Sergeevich Nikitin (1929-1992), who worked for the factory for forty five years.
In 1994 a newly created subsidiary began production of items based on forms from Kuznetsov's faience of the early 20th century. In 2003, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. On this occasion, a production line of ceramic tiles was launched.