The Yerevan Faience Factory located in Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic was established in 1947. Initially it used German forms and raw materials from Ukraine and Russia.
Two artist sculptors helped shape factory's style - R. Simonyan and V. Teruni. In 1960s and 1970s porcelain figurines based on Armenian folk and traditions were designed by D. Babayan and A. Chakmakchan.
In 1976 production of porcelain figurines was stopped. In 1988 the factory itself ceased to exist.