Johann Adolf Gräf and Friedrich Krippner in 1906 used one of buildings belonging earlier to Porzellanfabrik Heinrich und Co. to establish their own business in Bavarian Selb. The factory was situated on Vielitzerstrasse opposite Heinrich's main factory building. Adolf Gräf and Friedrich Krippner partially owned Porzellanfabrik Heinrich und Co. in years 1897 to 1906. Heinrich, Gräf and Krippner were brothers-in-law.
Initially they were just painting porcelain but in 1910 Graf & Krippner factory produced first porcelain. In 1913 the company had 50 employees. They specialized in items for hotels as well as coffee and dining services.
Adolf Gräf died in 1926. After his death, the factory was managed by Friedrich Krippner and Gräf's wife, Christiane.
In 1929 the financially troubled company was taken over by Heinrich porcelain factory. In 1930 new factory mark was introduced (lion). The company name was retained until 1935.