Porzellanfabrik Johann Kronester was established by Johann Kronester in German city Schwarzenbach an der Saale. In 1922 it was transformed into a limited liability company (GmbH). In 1936, in turn, it was transformed into a partnership (Offene Handelsgesellschaft) with three partners (brothers Erwin, Alfred and Paul Kronester). Production was continued during WWII.
In 1975 the firm was transferred into a limited partnership (Kommanditgesellschaft). The factory was run as a family business till 1987 when it became a part of Bavaria-Porzellan-Union-GmbH group.
In 1993 the factory became a part of SKV-Porzellan-Union uniting Schirnding, Kronester and Seltmann Vohenstrauß. As a result, in 1997 most of the business was relocated to the Schirnding location.