Wilhelm Kunze & Co. was established in 1865 in Eisenberg by Gustav Wilhelm, Karl Friedrich Kunze, Otto Kirschten and Julius Schmeisser. Just three years later the name was changed to Kunze & Schmeisser and in the end of 1868 to J. Schmeisser. Initially they employed 30 workers.
In 1890 there were three Schmeissers in the company - Ernst Max, Otto Ernst Hugo and Eugen Kurt. The factory mainly produced tea and coffee sets. Production was definitely stopped before 1910.