The Imperial Porcelain Factory was established by Dmitry Ivanovich Vinogradov in 1744. It was supported by the Romanov tsars. It is commonly referred to as a Lomonosov Porcelain Factory. In 1925 the factory was given the name of the Russian Academy of Science founder, Mikhail Lomonosov. It became known as the Leningrad Lomonosov Porcelain Factory.
The factory used stylized Russian LFZ letters as ist logo in the 1936-1992 period. This one appeared on a product made in 1970s. Author of this logotype was A.A. Yazkevitch.
Red colour means first quality.
Made in Russia inscription appeares on export items.
The Mikhail Gorbatchev era Lomonosov mark (1986 - 1992).
Red colour stands for the first quality.
1970 - 1989 Lomonosov second quality blue mark. Writing above LFZ mark means drawing complexity group. This exact writing means drawing complexity above 15th group.