Neue Porzellanfabrik Tettau e.G.m.b.H. was established in 1904. It was founded by three traders of another Tettau porcelain factory, Königlich privilegierte Porzellanmanufaktur Tettau. One of founders was Bernhard Gerold. The factory, mostly producing porcelain figurines, was managed by Hans Pülz and later from 1913 to 1925 by Ernst Büttner.
In 1923 it was transformed into a stock company Neue Porzellanfabrik Tettau A.G. Karl Preissler and Fritz Gerold (Bernhard Gerold's son) influenced mostly development of the business. In 1937 Fritz Gerold managed to take control of the factory. The company operated since 1937 as Neue Porzellanfabrik Tettau, Gerold & Co.
During WWII part of the factory was used for military production. After war company returned to business as usual. The name was shortened to Porzellanfabrik Gerold & Company in 1960. Fritz Gerold died in 1968.
In 1993 the company filed for bankruptcy. New investors tried to revive it as NP Neue Porzellangesellschaft m.b.H. Some assets alone with a trademark were bought in 1997 by Lindner Porzellan, which changed name to Porzellanfabrik Gerold Kueps. In the beggining of years 2000 the trademark was transfered to Seltmann Weiden Group.