Porzellanfabrik May & Lindner was in 1889 taken over by Heinrich Graeser. In 1892 Fritz Pfeffer bought it in turn from Graeser.
Pfeffer Porzellan und Fayencefabrik (Pfeffer Porcelain and Faience Factory) was producing dolls and dolls' heads. In 1900 it started to produce animal figurines.
Fritz Pfeffer died in 1922 and was replaced by his son, Max. The business went bankrupt in 1934. The factory was reestablished by Max's wife, Ilse. The business was finally closed in 1942.