Porcelain Factory Bremer & Schmidt (Porzellanfabrik Bremer & Schmidt) started production in 1896. This initially small venture, just before beginning of the First World War, developed into a factory employing up to 150 workers. In 1930s it was owned by Dr. Schmidt and a Mr. Knüpfer.
The factory managed to survive both world wars. In 1958 German Democratic Republic placed it under state supervision. The factory was nationalized in 1973. Together with other Eisenberg factories it formed V.E.B. Spezialkombinat Porzellan Eisenberg. The factory was ultimately closed in 1976.