The Hutschenreuther porcelain factory started production in 1814. It was established by Carolus Magnus Hutschenreuther in Bavarian town Hohenburg an der Eger. He employed artists craftsmen and sculptors from all over continental Europe. Hutschenreuther focused on quality and design.
Lorenz Hutschenreuther, Carolus’ son, opened in 1857 another porcelain factory in Bavarian town of Selb. The Selb factory was so well managed that it was able to compete with famous British porcelain brands. Lorenz and Carolus, son and father, were competitors and didn't cooperate.
Hutschenreuther from Selb started producing porcelain figurines in 1917 thanks to buying the art division of Paul Muller. The company continued acquisitions buying other German porcelain makers: Altrohlau, Arzburg and Tirschenreuth, Königszelt,Silesia. In 1969 even assets of Hohenburg Hutschenreuther factory were bought. The company was renamed Porzellanfabriken Lorenz Hutschenreuther AG Selb.
Hutschenreuther Selb LHS Germany Kunstabteilung (art division) 1955 - 1968 mark.