Conrad Walter established a porcelain factory in a town of Stanowitz in 1873. In 1898 the Striegauer Porzellanfabrik C. Walter & Co was transformed into a stock company. Conrad Walter retired after transforming the business. In 1913 electrification of the factory was finished.
In 1920s the developing company started a porcelain decoration workshop in Dresden but in 1927 the factory burned down. It was rebuilt but the financial problems caused by Great Depression finally resulted in closing down the factory in 1933.