In German Roschütz porcelain was produced from 1811 to 1991. The von Bradenstein family owned a kaolin deposits. In 1811 they decided not only to sell it to other porcelain producers but also to establish their own manufacture (Porzellanfabrik von Brandenstein). As the family had no expertise in manufacturing porcelain, problems encountered by them were so overwhelming, they had to sell the business.
The factory often changed owners. Finally it was bought in 1882 by Bernhard Schilde and Karl Unger. They renamed it Roschützer Porzellanfabrik Unger & Schilde. In 1886 the fire almost completely destroyed the factory. It was however swiftly rebuilt.
After WWII this located in East Germany company was nationalized and in 1953 renamed VEB Porzellanwerk Roschütz. Three years earlier in 1950 Roschütz became a part of the city Gera. In 1968 it became a part of the Porzellankombinat Kahla. The factory was closed after Germany reunification in 1991.
In 2003, most of the former factory buildings were demolished.
1909 - 1916 Unger & Schilde Three Crown China Germany mark used on items imported to USA by Jon H. Roth