The Copenhagen Porcellain Decorating Workshop was founded in 1883. In 1924 it was acquired by the wholesaler company Holst & Knudsen. Holst & Knudsen imported to Denmark whiteware porcelain from Germany and decorated it.
The Great Depression made difficult importing cheap German porcelain. That's why Holst & Knudsen established in 1936 own porcelain factory Porcelænsfabriken Danmark. During first years of production, the factory was using the Kjøbenhavns Porcellains Maleri (KPM) mark. It continued production till 1969.
In 2012, the Danish Porcelain Manufactory – Lyngby Porcelæn was reopened by Christian Elving who in 2011 acquired from owner's family all rights and drawings.