Anton Marzi and Simon Peter Remy founded their firm in the Westerwald town of Höhr in 1879. In 1880 thet also started producing pewter items. Already by the end of 19th century Marzi & Remi employed more than 100 workers.
The factory became the leading German stoneware producer. In 1927 the company was taken over by Werner Remy (Simon Peter Remy's son) and Otto Buhler.
In 1994 the factory was permanently closed.
Early Marzi & Remy items are seldom marked. They are identyfied mostly based on old factory catalogs.