William (Guillaume) Guérin in 1836 he rented a porcelain decorating workshop located in the Faubourg Montjovis (Limoges). In 1872 he bought the porcelain workshop of Lebon & Cie and just five years later the porcelain factory located in Limoges and belonging to Utzschneider.
In 1903 the company was joined by Guérin's sons William and Andre. In 1911 W. Guérin & Cie merged with the Pouyat factory creating "anciens établissements J.Pouyat, William Guérin et Cie". William Guérin died in 1912 and his two sons took over the company. In 1920 the company was taken over by Bawo & Dotter Ltd. New name of the firm was Guérin, Pouyat, Elite Ltd.
Starting from 1927 Czechoslovakian and German competition was more and more severe. In 1929 erupted the financial crisis. In 1932 the Guerin factory was closed. Archives and thousands of models were destroyed.