August Alboth founded his porcelain decorating business in Coburg in 1872. The firm was known as Porzellanveredelung August Alboth. His son Ernst joined in 1875. After August Alboth retired, his successor in 1898 relocated the factory to Kronach.
Ernst Alboth had two children - son Willy and daughter Erna. Erna in 1922 married the Munich banker Georg Kaiser. Willy Alboth joined the managenment in 1925.
Ernst Alboth died in 1927. The company name was changed to "Alka-Kunst". The Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser survived from 1928 until 1951. The company in 1938 acquired the former Gebrüder Silbermann porcelain factory located in the town of Hausen.
In 1951 was formed The Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser K.G. It was lead by a board of the three managers Georg Kaiser, Willy Alboth and Hubertus Kaiser (Georg's son).
A new factory was build in Staffelstein located near Kronach. The Alka Porzellanfabriken Alboth & Kaiser K.G., Staffelstein existed till 1970. Georg Kaiser died in 1964.
In 1970 the company was named Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein K.G. After German reunification problems of the porcelain business in the country increased. The company declared insolvency in 2001. It was bought by PM Kapital G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G and named Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G.