The Porzellanfabrik Unterweißbach was founded in German region Thuringia in 1882 by Herman Jost. Initially they produced tableware but soon started to make fine figurines. Eight years later the factory was taken over by Rudolf Mann and in 1892 the company joined Fritz Porzelius forming Porzellanfabrik Unterweißbach Mann & Porzelius.
The Porzellanfabrik Unterweißbach merged next with the Aelteste Volkstedter manufactory and in 1908 came another merger with the Schwarzburger Werkstätten für Porzellankunst.
The Great Depression in 1930s forced the company into bankruptcy and then split up. In the 1936-1940 period the Unterweißbach factory was owned by Karl Saar. In 1940 Schaubach factory based in Wallendorf took over the business reducing workforce and focusing on producing high quality artistic porcelain.
In 1953 the company was nationalized by the East Germany government. After reunification of Germany the company reclaimed its original name.