Ferdinand Beyer and Theodor Bock were running in Volkstedt a paint shop since 1853. Their initially small business was expanding. In 1869 Ferdinand Beyer was able to take his son Alfred into the business. What's more, Alfred got married to Theodor's Bock daughter.
Volkstedt-Rudolstadt porcelain factory was started in 1890. Already in 1903 the factory employeed 230 workers. In 1908 the company as co-owner was joined by Alfred's son, Max Beyer.
The Great War did not take its toll as far as the factory in concerned. Post war inflation was a problem for some time. Beyer & Bock products were highly regarded for its quality and were exported to Scandinavia and Holland, as well as to Italy, England, North and South America.
Alfred Beyer died in 1926. The factory produced high quality porcelain items till 1960 when was nationalized.