In a Silesian town Tiefenfurt were active three porcelain factories.
First Tiefenfurt faience factory was established already in 1808 by Johann Heinrich Nicolai Matthiesen. His son Friedrich Nicolai Matthiesen started in 1865 producing porcelain.
The factory was taken over in 1872 and renamed to Schlesische Porzellan- und Steingut-Manufaktur AG. It went bankrupt already in 1885. Assets of the factory were taken over by Louis Lövinsohn.
In 1891 new owner of the firm became Paul Donath who was a managing director before. In 1909 it became a limited liability company (GmbH). Carl Hans Tuppack took over the company in 1918 and run it till 1944.
Another Tiefenfurt faience factory was established in 1832 by Christian Mathiesen. The firm was in 1872 taken over by Tiefenfurther Porzellan- und Chamottewaren-Fabriken AG.
Already in 1876 it was owned by the Rädisch family. In 1901 it was was bought by Kuno Steinmann. Finally in the period 1943 - 1944 it was owned by Walther Becht.
Yet another factory was established in 1865 by Carl Rädisch. Three years later it already produced porcelain. In 1883 the business was taken over by Kuno Steinamann. In 1929 the company shifted from fine porcelain to oven-proof ceramics.
The Steinmann family was partially Jewish. They were forced out of business by the Nazis in 1938. According to other sources, the Steinmann family sold the business in 1932 during the aftermath of the US stock market crash.
Steinmann K.St.T Tiefenfurt, K. Steinmann, Porzellanfabriken GmbH 1919 - 1938 mark.
Crossed sword S Schlesische Porzellanfabrik Louis Lövinsohn and P. Donath 1885 - 1896 mark.