The Schönwald Porcelain Factory was established in 1879 when Johann Nicol Müller converted his saw mill into a porcelain factory. In the beggining it was the two-kiln manufactory.
Already in 1896 the factory used seven kilns and the workforce grew to 340 employees. Johann Nicol Müller died this year and the company was taken over by his sons, Friedrich and Michael Müller.
Two years later the company was converted into a joint-stock company (Aktiengesellschaft Porzellanfabrik Schönwald). In 1927 the Porzellanfabrik Schönwald AG was acquired by Porzellanfabrik Kahla located in German Thuringia.
After the WWII when Germany was divided into two states, the Kahla porcelain factory’s head office was moved to Schönwald.
In 1959 old round kilns were abandoned and porcelain started to be fired in three tunnel kilns.
In 1972 the company merged with Hutschenreuther AG. Four years later was built the new factory where were transferred operations of previously separated production facilities.
In 1998 Hutschenreuther AG changed its name to BHS tabletop AG, after selling its “household” brands.
Schönwald Germany mark
Schönwald Germany mark used from 1972.
Schönwald Germany mark used from 1968.
Eamag Alt Schonwald Bavaria mark used from 1927.
Schönwald tree mark
Schönwald 1950 - 1972 mark.
Lufthansa Schönwald mark
Lufthansa Manufactured by Schönwald Germany mark used from 1976.
Alt Schönwald mark
Alt Schönwald mark used from 1927.
1911 - 1927 PSAG Schönwald mark.
Eamag Bavaria mark
Eamag Bavaria Fränkische Porzellanwerke Müller & Co. 1922 - 1927 mark.
Porzellanfabrik Schönwald Department Arzberg 1919 - 1927 mark.
Alt Schönwald mark
Red Alt Schonwald mark used after 1927.
Schönwald Bavaria mark
Alt Schönwald Bavaria mark used from 1927.
PSAG Germany mark
P.S.A.G. Germany 1911 - 1927 mark.
MS Windmill Fränkische Porzellanwerke Müller & Co. 1911 - 1927 mark.