The factory history dates back to 1920, when Oberschlessische Porzellanfabrik Gebhardt & Barabasch started operation in Szopienice. In the beginning it produced technical porcelain and in 1921 changed name to Elektroporcelana S.A.
In 1923 factory was taken over by Georg von Giesche heirs. Two years later the factory was moved to Bogucice and renamed to Fabryka Porcelany Giesche (Porcelain Factory Giesche) and since 1929 GIESCHE Fabryka Porcelany S.A.
In 1939-1945 period it was under German supervision. In 1945 Polish authorities took control. In 1955 it started operating as Bogucice Fabryka Porcelany (Bogucice Porcelain Factory). In 1994 production was stopped and a year later production resumed as Porcelana Śląska SA. Finally the company went bancrupt in 2009.