The Erdmann schlegelmilch Porcelain Factory was established in Suhl, Thuringia, Germany by Leonard Schlegelmilch and his two brothers. The factory was founded in 1861 and named by brothers in honor of their father, Erdmann.
Leonard died in 1899. The business was overtaken by his son Julius Martin. It gradually grew till the beggining of the WWI. The factory continued production till the Great Depression. There were some efforts to return to the market but finally in 1937 the factory was closed.