The porcelain factory in the village of Gorodnitsa (Horodnitsa) in the Volyn region was founded in 1799 by Prince Józef Czartoryski. The manufacture has gained fame thanks to the production of English-style faience. In 1813, after death of the last of this Czartoryski family branch, the estate was transferred to the Lubomirski princes. In 1856 Wacław Rulikowski purchased the estate. The new owner after visiting the most important European faience and porcelain factories, decided to expand the manufactory in Horodnica. In 1877 350 people worked here. Rulikowski undertook the investment over his financial capacity and eventually had to sell the factory in 1878. Two years later the plant burned down. In 1882 the factory was leased to A.F. Sussmann. Production was restored, but the company did not regained its former glory. In 1887 there was another A.F. Sussmann factory operating in Gorodnitsa.
After the October Revolution in 1917, the factory was nationalized. Large changes in the production process were introduced during industrialization. During World War II the factory was partially destroyed.
After the reconstruction, the plant cooperated closely with the Leningrad Institute of Porcelain and Earthenware. Thanks to this cooperation, many technological innovations have been introduced. The factory mostly produced here porcelain tableware and small porcelain figurines. In Soviet times it was one of the major porcelain manufacturers in the USSR, and its largest factory was in Gorodnitsa.
After Ukraine gained independence, the company was transformed into enterprise owned by employees. Ukraine's accession to the WTO in 2008 resulted in the influx of cheaper porcelain from abroad. Production stopped in 2008 and two years later the bankruptcy procedure was started, which ended in 2012.
Horodnitsa porcelain stylized deer blue (second quality) mark used since 1970s.