V.E.B. Porzellanfiguren Lippelsdorf was founded in 1949. The factory was established in the German Democratis Republic based on nationalized Porzellanmanufaktur Wagner & Apel assets. The factory was a part of V.E.B. Vereinigte Zierporzellanwerke Lichte. In 1972 it was transfered to V.E.B. Porzellanfiguren Gräfenthal.
The factory mass produced porcelain figures. In 1990 it was privatized and continues production as Wagner & Apel G.m.b.H.