Königszelt porcelain factory was established in 1860 as Porzellanfabrik Silber & Comp. This specific location was chosen because of local rich clay and coal deposits. First owner was a master bricklayer Traugott Silber.
The Königszelt factory products swiftly gained popularity. Their speciality were Zwiebelmuster and Strohblumen patterns. In 1872 the factory was bought by August Rappsilber and C. Heckmann (Porzellanfabrik Heckmann & Rappsilber). In 1878 Rappsilber became the only owner of the factory (Porzellanfabrik August Rappsilber OHG). He ratired in 1886. Thanks to high profitability he had no problems to sell it.
Dr. Gustav Strupp continued to run the company as Porzellanfabrik Königszelt AG. Since 1905 majority shareholder was Lorenz Hutschenreuther AG located in German Selb. The new investor decided to increase production and concentrate on quality export tableware.
After the WWII Königszelt became a Polish city named Jaworzyna Śląska. The factory was nationalized and continued production as Państwowa Fabryka Porcelany Jaworzyna Śląska (State Porcelain Factory Jaworzyna Slaska) and since 1952 Zakłady Porcelany Stołowej KAROLINA Sp. z o.o. (Tableware Porcelain Factory KAROLINA Ltd.). In 1990s the company was privatized.
The mark of the Tableware Porcelain Factory Karolina (not Jarlina) mark used since 1957.