White Colditz clay was used already prior to 1730 as one of Boettger porcelain (Meissen) ingredients. In 1804 a in Colditz Thomsberger & Hermann established a ceramics factory. Mass producing porcelain started in this East Germany city after 1948, when communist authorities decided to establish here a factory VEB Porzellanwerk Colditz. In 1969 it was tarnsformed into VEB Porzellancombinat Colditz, which lasted until fall of the Wall.
After German reunification, the company was privatized. Restructured firm employeed only 300 people. Efforts to keep the company running lasted till 1998, when it went bankrupt.
Colditz export mark from ca. 1970s 1980s. period. There is Russian inscription:
Porcelain from GDR
Colditz Stoneware Factory mark. Exact date unknown. The factory was active in the 1899 - 1950 period.