Pottery and porcelain production in Tulowice started thanks to the pottery clay discovery. Easy access to clay convinced count Johann Carl Praschma to establish a faience factory. In 1889 the firm was overtaken by Arnold Schlegelmilch. He continued to run it as part of the Reinhold Schlegelmilch enterprise until he died in 1934.
The Tillowitz factory exported 80% of its production to the USA. Most of these products were marked as R.S. Prussia.
The factory operated also during the WWII. Production was stopped in 1945, when Soviet army entered Silesia. Polish authorities overtaken this firm in 1946. The factory started production again in 1947 but they made only semi vitreous porcelain.
In 1995 Państwowe Zakłady Porcelitu Stołowego (State Semi Vitreous Porcelain Tableware Factory) was converted into Fabryka Porcelitu Tułowice S.A. (Tulowice Semi Vitreous Porcelain Factory Inc.). In 2001 the company went bankrupt.